axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Ashton <p...@tourplan.com>
Subject [Axis2] Sub-releases of Axis2 1.1 (and Axis2 1.1-RC2 Release)
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 04:06:38 GMT
Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I uploaded the Axis2 1.1 RC2 release artifacts to the following
> locations. Please help us by downloading and reviewing them.
>
> Download locations :
> * binary and source distributions -
> http://people.apache.org/~thilina/axis2/1.1-RC2/

Hi,

I use axis2 as a web service client only.  RC2 worked fine for that.

I do have a question about what happens post 1.1 release.  Will there be
bug fix releases of 1.1, or will anyone wanting to take advantage of
bug fixes have to use the latest nightlies (as was the case with 1.0)?
We can't afford to run nightlies in production systems, which will make
life very difficult if 1.1 does turn out to contain the odd significant bug,
and using a nightly build is the only way to get hold of a bug fix.

Cheers, Paul.
--
Paul Ashton
iCom Project Leader