axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Spies, Brennan" <Brennan.Sp...@ejgallo.com>
Subject RE: Re[2]: [AXIS2] Integration with standalone java program
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:22:58 GMT
Yes, you can use Axis 2.0 in a standalone context. The java app will need
some type of available transport to communicate remotely--Axis provides some
simple ones (SimpleHTTPServer, TCPServer, etc.). If you are still in the
design phase of the app, you might consider doing it as a Spring 2.0 app,
which gives you a wealth of options (including doing it with JMX and Spring's
own MBeanServer--
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/jmx.html ).

Brennan Spies
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Shared Application Services

-----Original Message-----
From: Igor Borovkov [mailto:igor@borovkov.com]
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 12:03 PM
To: Sanjiva Weerawarana
Cc: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re[2]: [AXIS2] Integration with standalone java program

Sanjiva Weerawarana, great thanks for your answer. But I am afraid I didn't
fully correctly formulate the question. Let me explain the problem more
clearly.

Assume we have the java program P1 that streams video to a network. We want
develop AXIS2 based webservice to control streaming process (for instance,
start
and stop of streaming).

In such case, could we really embed axis2 to that java program and not to use
any appserver? If yes, could you suggest me some tut or javadoc's url where I
can get a direction for following searches.

>> Hello.
>>
>> I need to invoke methods of a standalone java program from a webservice.
>> Is it possible to embed to in Axis2?

> Yes, absolutely.

>> Is it better way than using RMI to communicate with the standalone java
program?

--
Cheers,
Igor Borovkov