axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alexander Hachmann" <axis.pub...@thesofa.de>
Subject AW: onFault() only Running the GlobalChain
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 15:28:49 GMT
Hello,
I was a bit too quick with going to ask the List. But perhaps this can help
someone having the same expirience.

What I did wrong was throwing a AxisFault with using
AxisFault.makeFault(null).

When doing this, the exception that is being thrown in the
SimpleChain.doVisiting() is not an AxisFault but an NullPointerException.
This will not be caught in the SimpleChain. Thats why the Exception has been
thrown back to the SoapService. The SoapService than seems to call the
GlobalChain.

So I Changed the Exceptioncreation to new AxisFault("Description");

Have a nice day,
              Alexander

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alexander Hachmann [mailto:axis.public@thesofa.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. November 2006 16:03
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Betreff: onFault() only Running the GlobalChain

Hello,

The following WSDD is for a Service I am running.
As I understood, the Handlers in the MyChain are sevicespecific handlers,
for the simple reason, that i put them in the servicechain and not the
globalchain or transportchain.
No what confuses me is that when I throw a AxisFault in the Handler
Authentication, the onFault() Method will only be called on the Handlers in
the Globalchain. (JWSHandler etc) I was asuming, that the exceptioncall
would walk back up to SemaphoreHandler and than jump over the Two chains
before that back to the serializer.

I need Axis to call the onFault() methods of the handlers in the
servicechain. SemaphoreHandler is implementing this Method, but it is not
being called.

 <handler name="PackageAttachmentHandler"
type="java:com.epgdata.axis.handlers.PackageFilesAttachmentHandler"/>

 <chain name="MyChain">
 	<handler type="SemaphoreHandler"/>
 	<handler type="Authentication"/>
 </chain>

 <service name="PackageService" provider="java:RPC" style="wrapped">
 	<parameter name="className"
value="com.epgdata.ws.SimplePackageService"/>
 	<parameter name="scope" value="request"/>
	<requestFlow>
		<chain type="MyChain"/>
	</requestFlow>
 	<responseFlow>