axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Kinichiro Inoguchi <ingc1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: soapmonitor exception in axis2 rc2
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 02:17:23 GMT
Hi,
My environment is Windows and Tomcat5, Java1.4.2.
1.1 RC2 Soapmonitor works fine.

To run Soapmonitor, there are 3 steps.
1. modify axis.xml and add <module ref="soapmonitor" />
2. modify web.xml and add definition of soapmonitor servlet.
3. copy SOAPMonitorApplet to your axis2 directory.

Just this 3 steps.
I could see SOAPMonitor via http://localhost:8080/axis2/SOAPMonitor

As Robert said, 'UnknownHostException: localhost' might be a problem
for you.

Regards,
kinichiro

--- robert lazarski <robertlazarski@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just gave the soapmonitor a spin with RC2 and it worked for me.
> Kinichiro
> indicated in the RC2 announcement thread that it was working for him
> too.
>
> I run linux, but even still your 'UnknownHostException: localhost'
> exception
> looks rather suspicious.
>
> HTH,
> Robert
>
> On 11/3/06, Gul Onural <onural@nortel.com> wrote:
> >

> > Soap monitor seems to have problems with the axis2 rc2 (see the
> exception
> > below). It doesn't work even for the localhost.
> >
> > Does anyone else see this problem ?
> >
> > Gul
> >
> > org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: localhost ; nested exception is:
> >         java.net.UnknownHostException: localhost ; nested exception
> is:
> >         org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: localhost ; nested exception
> is:
> >         java.net.UnknownHostException: localhost
> >         at
> > org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(
> > CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:225)
> >         at
> org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:675)
> >         at
> org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(
> > OutInAxisOperation.java:365)
> >         at
> org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(
> > OutInAxisOperation.java:295)
> >         at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(
> > ServiceClient.java:573)
> >         at org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(
> > ServiceClient.java:502)
> >         at
> > com.nortel.optical.drac.client.wstestclient.DracWsTestClient.main(
> > DracWsTestClient.java:40)
> > Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: localhost ; nested exception
> is:
> >         java.net.UnknownHostException: localhost
> >         at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons
> > (CommonsHTTPTransportSen
> > der.java:340)
> >         at
> > org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(
> > CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:205)
> >         ... 6 more
> > Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: localhost
> >         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> >         at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> >         at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
> >         at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
> >         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
> >         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket
> > (DefaultProtocolSocketFact
> > ory.java:79)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ControllerThreadSocketFactory$1.doit
> > (ControllerThreadSocketFactory.
> > java:90)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ControllerThreadSocketFactory$SocketTask.run