axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] issue converting REST request to XML
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2006 02:28:51 GMT
Christopher,

This is a bug. Please log a JIRA issue with your complete wsdl/schema
and soap request / sample code.

thanks,
dims

On 11/18/06, Christopher Bare <christopherbare@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm having a problem with the REST feature of Axis2. I hacked up a WSDL which specifies
a "findAuthors" method. I use RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver so, on the Java side, the method
looks like this:

need to be in the "http://cbare.org/books-ws/" namespace and they're not.

> I guess calling a RawXML method using REST might be a nutty thing to want to do. But
leaving that aside, is there a problem with the way the framework generates XML from a REST
request? Or am I using it wrong? The REST binding for that method looks like this:

>     <wsdl:binding name="booksHttpBinding" type="cbws:booksPortType">
>         <http:binding verb="POST"/>
>         <wsdl:operation name="findAuthors">
>             <http:operation location="findAuthors"/>
>             <wsdl:input>
>                 <mime:content type="text/xml"/>
>             </wsdl:input>
>             <wsdl:output>
>                 <mime:content type="text/xml"/>
>             </wsdl:output>
>         </wsdl:operation>
>     </wsdl:binding>
>
> Is there something I need to tweak in here to let clue it in about the namespaces?
>
> Finally, for good measure, the WSDL type definition looks like this:
>

>     elementFormDefault="qualified">
>
>     <xsd:element name="findAuthors">
>         <xsd:complexType>
>             <xsd:sequence>
>                 <xsd:element name="firstName" type="xsd:string" nillable="true" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1"/>
>                 <xsd:element name="lastName" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
>             </xsd:sequence>
>         </xsd:complexType>
>     </xsd:element>
>
> I'm using: Apache Axis2 1.1-SNAPSHOT build (October 31 2006), just in case that matters.
Thanks for any hints,