axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: axis2.databinding.utils.BeanUtil bug
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:58:32 GMT
Bug in JIRA please.

-- dims

On 11/16/06, javaDev <wsdev@bk.ru> wrote:
> Hi
> Imho there is a error-prone point in the org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.BeanUtil:
> 275:  PropertyDescriptor prty = ...;
> 294:  prty.getWriteMethod().invoke(beanObj, parms);
>
> Since java bean convention allows existence of just one of the pair (considering this
property as read- or write- only correspondingly), the prty.getWriteMethod() might return
null. In such case NLP is thrown. Axis121, which I use during several last years, just omits
such fields. Well, m.b. it was decided to prohibit such situation - but in such case, I believe,
something more clear and clean that NLP should be thrown