axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "James Armstrong" <jarms...@carl.org>
Subject RE: unsubscribe
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:32:20 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Bunkenburg [mailto:inspiracio@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 10:33 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Axis 1.4 /CFMX6.1/JRun4

Hello People

I'm new to Axis and to web services in general.
I'm trying to install Axis 1.4 in ColdFusion MX 6.1, which in reality is JRun 4.

I put the axis web app into the C:/CFusionMX/ directory which is an
enterprise application, and register it in
C:/CFusionMX/META-INF/application.xml.

The web application is deployed correctly, and I can open
http://localhost/axis/index.jsp in the browser. I check happyaxis.jsp
and everything is fine (crimson instead of xerces-2).

I had to add the JARs of the axis web app to the classpath of the JVM.
I removed the old webservices.jar from CFMx/JRun so that they don't
conflict with new axis 1.4.

Problem:

When I click on the link for listing available web services, I get:

AXIS error

Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Fault - ; nested exception is:
	javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: No such binding: AxisServer

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.generalException
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: ; nested exception is:
	javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: No such binding: AxisServer
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:HP-CZC60137BF

My questions are: who should have registered AxisServer in the JNDI-tree?
I noticed that /comp/env/AxisServer is indeed available in the JNDI of
another web app, the C:/CFusionMX/wwwroot that comes with the standard
installation of CFMX/JRun. But not in the web app axis! I searched
everywhere I can think where the /comp/env/AxisServer entry in the
JNDI tree is configured.

Question:
What do I have to do to register AxisServer in the JNDI tree?

Regards,
Alex

PS. In general, if anyone is using Axis 1.4 with ColdFusion or JRun 4,
I'd like to hear from them so that we can exchange problems!

--
Alexander Bunkenburg
www.inspiraci├│.com