axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Bassi Gurpiar <Gurpiar.Ba...@aah.co.uk>
Subject Help needed in writing a client
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 07:58:27 GMT

I am new to Axis. I have created and deployed a web service onto Tomcat. I
am using a tool called SoapScope to invoke my web service and it works
great.

BUT.... I wish to write a java class that will invoke the web service.
Please can someone help me. I have seen people using different approaches to
writing clients and I am more confused than ever.

I wish to call the operation "getEnterpriseProdGroupReport". This takes in
an array of type BranchAccount (complex type).

I am using axis version 1.2.1. Please can someone give me some client code
to invoke this service. I am using document/literal.........whatever that
is! I don't know the difference between doc literal and rpc. Someone please
explain!

Here is my WSDL:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions  name="CategoryReports"
targetNamespace="urn:com.aah.CategoryReports"
xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xmlsoap"
xmlns:impl="urn:com.aah.CategoryReports"
xmlns:intf="urn:com.aah.CategoryReports"

	<wsdl:types>
		<schema targetNamespace="urn:com.aah.CategoryReports"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
			<complexType name="BranchAccount">
				<sequence>
					<element name="Branch"
type="xsd:string"/>
					<element name="Account"
type="xsd:string"/>
				</sequence>
			</complexType>
			<element name="EnterpriseCatRepInput">
				<complexType>
					<sequence>
						<element
maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="1" name="item" type="impl:BranchAccount"/>
					</sequence>
				</complexType>
			</element>
			<complexType name="EnterpriseProductGroup">
				<sequence>
					<element name="netGP"
nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
					<element name="reportedSales"
nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
					<element name="productGroup"
nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
				</sequence>
			</complexType>
			<complexType name="WSErrorObject">
				<sequence>
					<element name="errorMessage"
nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
					<element name="errorCode"
type="xsd:int"/>
				</sequence>
			</complexType>
			<complexType
name="EnterpriseProductCategoryReportOutput">
				<sequence>
					<element maxOccurs="unbounded"
name="enterpriseProductGroups" type="impl:EnterpriseProductGroup"/>
					<element name="errorObject"
nillable="true" type="impl:WSErrorObject"/>
					<element
name="totalAverageReportedSales" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
					<element name="totalAverageNetGP"
nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
				</sequence>
			</complexType>
			<element name="EnterpriseCategoryReportOutput"
type="impl:EnterpriseProductCategoryReportOutput"/>
			<element name="ProductCatRepInput">
				<complexType>
					<sequence>
						<element
maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="1" name="item" type="impl:BranchAccount"/>
					</sequence>
				</complexType>
			</element>
			<complexType name="CategoryItem">
				<sequence>
					<element
name="QFlagcategoryNetProfit" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
					<element name="NFlag"
type="xsd:boolean"/>
					<element name="categoryName"
nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
					<element
name="NFlagcategoryGrossProfit" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
					<element name="categoryID"
nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
					<element
name="QFlagcategoryGrossProfit" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
					<element
name="NFlagcategoryNetProfit" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
					<element name="QFlag"
type="xsd:boolean"/>
				</sequence>
			</complexType>
			<complexType name="AAHProductCategoryReportOutput">
				<sequence>
					<element maxOccurs="unbounded"
name="categoryItemsArray" type="impl:CategoryItem"/>
					<element name="errorObject"
type="impl:WSErrorObject"/>
					<element
name="totalAverageReportedSales" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
					<element name="totalAverageNetGP"
nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
				</sequence>
			</complexType>
			<element name="ProductCategoryReportOutput"
type="impl:AAHProductCategoryReportOutput"/>
			<element name="WorkflowCustomerGroupTermsInput"
type="xsd:int"/>
			<element name="WorkflowCustomerGroupTermsOutput"
type="impl:AAHProductCategoryReportOutput"/>
			<element name="WorkflowCustGroupTermsEntInput"
type="xsd:int"/>
			<element name="WorkflowCustGroupTermsEntOutput"
type="impl:EnterpriseProductCategoryReportOutput"/>
		</schema>
	</wsdl:types>
	<wsdl:message name="getEnterpriseProdGroupReportRequest">
		<wsdl:part element="impl:EnterpriseCatRepInput"
name="EnterpriseCatRepInput"/>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="getProductCategoryReportRequest">
		<wsdl:part element="impl:ProductCatRepInput"
name="ProductCatRepInput"/>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="getEnterpriseProdGroupReportResponse">
		<wsdl:part element="impl:EnterpriseCategoryReportOutput"
name="EnterpriseCategoryReportOutput"/>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="getProductCategoryReportResponse">
		<wsdl:part element="impl:ProductCategoryReportOutput"
name="ProductCategoryReportOutput"/>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message
name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsEnterpriseReportResponse">
		<wsdl:part element="impl:WorkflowCustGroupTermsEntOutput"
name="WorkflowCustGroupTermsEntOutput"/>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsReportResponse">
		<wsdl:part element="impl:WorkflowCustomerGroupTermsOutput"
name="WorkflowCustomerGroupTermsOutput"/>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsReportRequest">
		<wsdl:part element="impl:WorkflowCustomerGroupTermsInput"
name="WorkflowCustomerGroupTermsInput"/>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message
name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsEnterpriseReportRequest">
		<wsdl:part element="impl:WorkflowCustGroupTermsEntInput"
name="WorkflowCustGroupTermsEntInput"/>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:portType name="MstrCategoryReports">
		<wsdl:operation name="getEnterpriseProdGroupReport"
parameterOrder="EnterpriseCatRepInput">
			<wsdl:input
message="impl:getEnterpriseProdGroupReportRequest"
name="getEnterpriseProdGroupReportRequest"/>
			<wsdl:output
message="impl:getEnterpriseProdGroupReportResponse"
name="getEnterpriseProdGroupReportResponse"/>
		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation name="getProductCategoryReport"
parameterOrder="ProductCatRepInput">
			<wsdl:input
message="impl:getProductCategoryReportRequest"
name="getProductCategoryReportRequest"/>
			<wsdl:output
message="impl:getProductCategoryReportResponse"
name="getProductCategoryReportResponse"/>
		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsReport"
parameterOrder="WorkflowCustomerGroupTermsInput">
			<wsdl:input
message="impl:getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsReportRequest"
name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsReportRequest"/>
			<wsdl:output
message="impl:getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsReportResponse"
name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsReportResponse"/>
		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation
name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsEnterpriseReport"
parameterOrder="WorkflowCustGroupTermsEntInput">
			<wsdl:input
message="impl:getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsEnterpriseReportRequest"
name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsEnterpriseReportRequest"/>
			<wsdl:output
message="impl:getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsEnterpriseReportResponse"
name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsEnterpriseReportResponse"/>
		</wsdl:operation>
	</wsdl:portType>
	<wsdl:binding name="MstrCatReportsSoapBinding"
type="impl:MstrCategoryReports">
		<wsdlsoap:binding style="document"
		<wsdl:operation name="getEnterpriseProdGroupReport">
			<wsdlsoap:operation
soapAction="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/getEnterpriseProdGroupReport
"/>
			<wsdl:input
name="getEnterpriseProdGroupReportRequest">
				<wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output
name="getEnterpriseProdGroupReportResponse">
				<wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation name="getProductCategoryReport">
			<wsdlsoap:operation
soapAction="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/getProductCategoryReport"/>
			<wsdl:input name="getProductCategoryReportRequest">
				<wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output
name="getProductCategoryReportResponse">
				<wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsReport">
			<wsdlsoap:operation
soapAction="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/getWorkflowCustomerGroupTerm
sReport"/>
			<wsdl:input
name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsReportRequest">
				<wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output
name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsReportResponse">
				<wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation
name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsEnterpriseReport">
			<wsdlsoap:operation
soapAction="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/getWorkflowCustomerGroupTerm
sEnterpriseReport"/>
			<wsdl:input
name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsEnterpriseReportRequest">
				<wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output
name="getWorkflowCustomerGroupTermsEnterpriseReportResponse">
				<wsdlsoap:body use="literal"/>
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
	</wsdl:binding>
	<wsdl:service name="MstrCategoryReportsService">
		<wsdl:port binding="impl:MstrCatReportsSoapBinding"
name="MstrCatReports">
			<wsdlsoap:address
location="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/MstrCatReports"/>
		</wsdl:port>
	</wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
for the recipient only.
If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by reply
e-mail and then delete it from your system. Please do not copy it or
use it for any other purposes, or disclose the content of the e-mail
to any other person or store or copy the information in any medium.
The views contained in this e-mail are those of the author and not
necessarily those of Admenta UK Group.