axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hoskins, Stephen" <steve.hosk...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: How to debug?
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:13:10 GMT
Hi David

Many thanks for this. It gave me a hint that enabled me to spot the bug
in my test client. I have got it working now.

Cheers

Steve H

-----Original Message-----
From: David Illsley [mailto:davidillsley@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 October 2006 16:53
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to debug?

Off the top of my head I think the problem is that the server cannot
send the response message to the ReplyTo EPR for some reason.

If you're setting the ReplyTo explicitly please check that you are
getting it right ;-) and if not then check that the server can open a
connection to the port that the client is opening (the simplest way to
determine the port is to look at the ReplyTo in the request message).

David

On 24/10/06, Hoskins, Stephen <steve.hoskins@logicacmg.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> My apologies if this is a naive question.
>
> Basically, my Axis2 service is not working and I would like to know
how
> I determine what the problem is.
>
> I am using Axis2 1.0 and Tomcat 5.0. My service classes log that they
> instantiated okay and the Axis admin screens for the service all look
> correct. But whenever I run a test client against the service I get a
> stack trace:
>
> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
> /services/TestService; nested exception is:
>     org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
> /services/TestService; nested exception is:
>     org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
> /services/TestService; nested exception is:
>     org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
> /services/TestService
>     at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(Common
> sHTTPTransportSender.java:223)
>     at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:589)
>     at

org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOper
> ation.java:328)
>     at

org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisO
> peration.java:279)
>     at

com.logicacmg.gt.testservice.axis.generated.TestServiceStub.viewProduct(
> TestServiceStub.java:133)
>     at

com.logicacmg.gt.testservice.control.SimpleClient.getProduct(SimpleClien
> t.java:55)
>     at

com.logicacmg.gt.testservice.control.SimpleClient.<init>(SimpleClient.ja
> va:37)
>     at

com.logicacmg.gt.testservice.control.SimpleClient.main(SimpleClient.java
> :23)
> Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
> /services/TestService; nested exception is:
>     org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
> /services/TestService
>     at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageW
> ithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:305)
>     at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(Common
> sHTTPTransportSender.java:207)
>     ... 28 more
> Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
> /services/TestService
>     at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.SOAPOverHTTPSender.send(SOAPOverHTTPSend
> er.java:117)
>     at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageW
> ithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:299)
>     ... 29 more
>
> There is nothing useful in the logs, the request is not reaching my
> service classes.
>
> This is my second service, the first one worked fine.
>
> My current idea is to insert some more log messages into the Axis2
> source code to trace what is happening, but surely there must be a
> better approach?
>

> Many thanks
>
> Steve Hoskins

information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be
copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are
not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and
any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.