axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ya Bing, Chen" <yab...@crimsonlogic.com>
Subject RE: weird wsdl generation in axis2
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 11:12:00 GMT
I c.. I will check the wsdl file again. thanks a lot!

Btw, in some cases Axis2 generated error info when I try to look at the generated wsdl. the
error is as follows:
<error>
   <description>Unable to generate WSDL for this service</description>
   <reason>
      Either user has not dropped the wsdl into META-INF or operations use message receivers
 other than RPC.
   </reason>
</error>

does it mean I have to use rawxml message receiver if I want Axis2 to generate the wsdl?
but I am wondering what is the difference between RPC receiver and rawxml one?
actually even after I changed to use RPC receiver in services.xml (org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver),
the error remains there.

-----Original Message-----
From: Srinath Perera [mailto:hemapani@gmail.com]
Sent: Fri 10/6/2006 7:02 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: weird wsdl generation in axis2

Reason is diffent default styles in Axis2 and Axis1.x

Axis1.x have rpc-encoding as default style .. so it have something
like <part type="MyType"> on the otherhand Axis2 does doc-literal
where you will have

<part element = "addElement"> and
 in your schema

<elemement name="addElement" type="xsd:int"/>

1) This is not a bug
2) doc-literal style is preferred over rpc-encoding