axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Reddy, Sanket \(US - Hyderabad\)" <sanre...@deloitte.com>
Subject Error in WSDL running a simple HelloWorld program.
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:30:28 GMT
Hi friends

This is the first time I am trying axis2. And I am trying to run a simple helloworld program

public class HelloWorld {
   public String sayHello(String str) {
      return "Hello :"+str ;
   }
}

Services.xml

<service>
   <description>
      This is my first service, which says hello
   </description>
   <parameter name="ServiceClass" locked="false">HelloWorld</parameter>
   <operation name="sayHello">
      <messageReceiver class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
   </operation>
</service>

I have created a HelloWorld.jar and renamed it to HelloWorld.aar and put in the repo\services
directory and I start the http-server.bat  with repository location as a parameters. I can
find the deployed WS and also the WSDL but when I try to use this WSLD to call the WS using
the ALTOVA XML SPY (which creates the SOAP request and also gets the response.)

WSDL file:-
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/HelloWorld?wsdl

I get an error in SOAP response and mainly I don't see the input field in the SOAP request.
To enter the parameter for the sayHello(String str).

Can u please guide me through it.?? Am I doing something wrong ?? Isn't it possible to call
the WS using ALTOVA XMY SPY -->MENU--> SOAP-->create new soap request.

Can anyone pass the Client code for a simple WS HelloWorld.sayHello(String str) ??

Regards
Sanket

you should delete this message.

on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]