axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [axis2] Serialization of Java-Classes
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:49:33 GMT
Hi Benjamin;

> Hi,
> I am new to axis2 and I am trying to build a WebService which can
> handle some complex Datatypes. Is there any Document, that describes
> Serialization in Axis2?

There is no document as such, what it does is uses java bean
introspector and serialize java class into xml.

> My Method for the WebService is:
>
> ---------------------CODE--------------------------------
> /**
>      * Gets the first Light found in the desired Room.
>      *
>      * @return Light located in the Room, if found.
>      */
>     public Light getLight(Room room) {
>         ArrayList<Light> lights = this.ninoRep.getLights();
>         for (int i = 0; i < lights.size(); i++) {
>             Light l = lights.get(i);
>             Room r = l.getisInRoom();
>             if (room.equals(r))
>                 return l;
>         }
>         return null;
>     }
> ---------------------CODE--------------------------------
>
> Both Classes Room and Light are rather complex. I need these classes,
> because I want to use them in a Semantic Web Service. But fore that I
> need a "normal" WS.
> Do I have to make custom MessageReceivers for every Class?

No you do not need , what you have to do is use RPCMessageReceiver as
your message receiver. Then that will handle serialization and
deserialization for you.

> Or is there an easier, more general way?
>

> An other Problem: After deploying my Service everything is fine,
> except when I want to get the WSDL-File. Then the following error
> comes up:

Where did you deploy your service ? in tomcat or smt else ?