axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Kinichiro Inoguchi <ingc1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: WS client (other than axis2 client api based impl.) for axis2 based-web services
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:29:41 GMT
Hi,

1) using REST interface.

  You can call your Axis2 WS by browser, like this.
  http://localhost:8080/axis2/rest/(your-service)/(method)?var1=abc
  If your service needs simple input parameters only,
  this way is useful.

2) TCPmon

  download from http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/commons/tcpmon/1_0/
  You can send SOAP request, if you can write SOAP request XML by hand.

3) .NET Web Reference

  I sometimes use VisualStudio .NET.
  With Web Reference, it's easy to call WS.

4) using perl with SOAP::Lite

  You can call WS from perl with SOAP::Lite module.
  I think this way is difficult a little bit.
  SOAP::Lite spec is NOT easy to understand, I feel.

Anyone else ?

kinichiro