axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Benjamin Ernst" <b.er...@tu-bs.de>
Subject [axis2] Serialization of Java-Classes
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:58:11 GMT
Hi,
I am new to axis2 and I am trying to build a WebService which can handle
some complex Datatypes. Is there any Document, that describes Serialization
in Axis2?

My Method for the WebService is:

---------------------CODE--------------------------------
/**
     * Gets the first Light found in the desired Room.
     *
     * @return Light located in the Room, if found.
     */
    public Light getLight(Room room) {
        ArrayList<Light> lights = this.ninoRep.getLights();
        for (int i = 0; i < lights.size(); i++) {
            Light l = lights.get(i);
            Room r = l.getisInRoom();
            if (room.equals(r))
                return l;
        }
        return null;
    }
---------------------CODE--------------------------------

Both Classes Room and Light are rather complex. I need these classes,
because I want to use them in a Semantic Web Service. But fore that I need a
"normal" WS.
Do I have to make custom MessageReceivers for every Class? Or is there an
easier, more general way?

An other Problem: After deploying my Service everything is fine, except when
I want to get the WSDL-File. Then the following error comes up:

--------------------ERROR--------------------------------
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: 32; nested exception is:
    org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:111)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

root cause

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: 32; nested exception is:
    org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.getWSDL(AxisService.java:558)
    org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.printWSDL(AxisService.java:533)
    org.apache.axis2.transport.http.ListingAgent.processListService(
ListingAgent.java:144)
    org.apache.axis2.transport.http.ListingAgent.handle(ListingAgent.java
:89)
    org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:109)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.5.15 logs.

With the java2WSDL-Tool the WSDL-generation works fine.

Thanks for your help!

Benjamin