axis-java-user mailing list archives

From smcar...@spansurf.com
Subject Axis 1.4 AxisFault de/serialisation
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:25:13 GMT
Hi All,

We have just changed the way we use exceptions within our WebService (Axis
1.4). Previously we ignored/thew away the exceptions generated from the WSDL
and used our original application exception.

However, we would now like to use the exceptions generated from the WSDL2JAVA
process but we have a problem. When out application throws one of these
exceptions the axis log file shows that there is no serialzer for
javax.xml.naming.Qname. This type is not defined to have a serialiser or
deserializer in the genaerated deploy.wsdd and therefor has no entry within the
deployed service.wsdd used by the Admin service.

The AxisFault uses the javax.xml.naming.Qname class for the error code and thus
fails to serialise ANY of our wsdl defined exceptions generated by Axis.

Can anybody tell me how to define this for the TypeMappings such that it is NOT
necessary to change the generated files by hand...

Regards

Steve