axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "C. Brian Cox" <ax...@coxco.com>
Subject Axis2 1.1 Code Generation Problem?
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 03:10:11 GMT
I have been working on a WSDL, and ran into a problem when trying to make
use of simple types.  So I tried to generate from some of the sample wsdl's
included in the standard source distribution, namely: actionTests.wsdl,
bookQuote.wsdl, and bookQuote2.wsdl.  Each of these contain simple data
types similar to my wsdl.  The thought here was to test a known good wsdl vs
my new untested wsdl.  This resulted in similar exceptions.

I believe I am using the code generation tools correctly.  For the
bookQuote.wsdl I used the following command:

C:\BookQuote> wsdl2java -uri BookQuote.wsdl -d xmlbeans -o client -p
com.ems.client

Using AXIS2_HOME:   "C:\axis2-1.1"

Using JAVA_HOME:    "C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.5.0_06"

This results in an exception similar to the ones I am experiencing with my
own wsdl:

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException:
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Element QName is null for InvalidIsbnFault!

            at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGenerationEn
gine.java:224)

            at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:32)

            at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:21)

Caused by: org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Element QName is null for InvalidIsbnFault!

            at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.e
mitStub(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:299)

            at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGenerationEn
gine.java:213)

            ... 2 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Element QName is null for
InvalidIsbnFault!

            at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.g
etFaultParamElements(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:1877)

            at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.g
etFaultElement(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:1808)

            at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.g
enerateMethodElement(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:1559)

            at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.l
oadOperations(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:1474)

            at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.c
reateDOMDocumentForCallbackHandler(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java
:692)

            at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.w
riteCallBackHandlers(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:667)

            at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.e
mitStub(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:274)

            ... 3 more

Should it matter, I am using Axis2 RC1, and also tested it with the 10/29
1.1 Snapshot.  I am using the JDK 1.4.3 but also tested with 1.5.  I am
curious if anyone else has experienced this problem and if this is a known
bug.  I looked at the JIRA but didn't see the exact problem.

Thanks,

Brian