axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Willem Liu" <w...@infologic.nl>
Subject RE: memory leak in my web service
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:40:06 GMT
Hi,

When programming in Java for Linux like environments I've came accros the
same thing. The same program would run perfectly under Windows, but would
give a memory problem under Linux. I've eventually solved this by calling
the Garbage Collector manually and periodically. It seems that the JVM under
Linux environments doesn't automatically do this well.
I don't know wether this will solve your problem as well, but I guess it's
worth a try.

Regards,

Willem

  _____

From: xu cai [mailto:jeffreycai@gmail.com]
Sent: dinsdag 24 oktober 2006 15:15
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: memory leak in my web service

hi all, I got a memory leak issue. The web services is deployed over
Axis1.4/Tomcat, the services is used to query database.

If the client send request in a while loop, the server will run out of
memory in 2 or 3 hours.

I use jprofiler to monitor the memory,and cant' find something wired. I even
can't know which part of memory is growing so fast.

can anybody give me a clue ?

-thanks

-jeff