axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "robert lazarski" <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: log4j
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 12:16:34 GMT
One way to get what your after is define categories. In the following
log4j.properties, two files are put in tomcat/logs , one for
org.apache classes and another for com.myapp. And also, running the
app in eclipse you'll see the messages in the console, and in tomcat
the messages will all be appended to catalina.out  :

log4j.appender.console1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

log4j.appender.console1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.console1.layout.ConversionPattern=%m

log4j.appender.console2=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

log4j.appender.console2.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.console2.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%c] - %m%n

log4j.appender.apacheOrg=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.apacheOrg.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.apacheOrg.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%c] - %m%n

log4j.appender.apacheOrg.File=${catalina.home}/logs/apache_logs.log

log4j.appender.apacheOrg.MaxFileSize=40000KB
log4j.appender.apacheOrg.MaxBackupIndex=1

log4j.appender.appErros=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.appErros.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.appErros.layout.ConversionPattern=%m
log4j.appender.appErros.File=app_erros.log

log4j.appender.appErros.MaxFileSize=400KB
log4j.appender.appErros.MaxBackupIndex=1

log4j.appender.appDebug=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.appDebug.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
#log4j.appender.appDebug.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r %-5p %c %x - %m%n
log4j.appender.appDebug.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%c] - %m%n

log4j.appender.appDebug.File=${catalina.home}/logs/app_debug.log

log4j.appender.appDebug.MaxFileSize=40000KB
log4j.appender.appDebug.MaxBackupIndex=1

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, console2

log4j.category.com.myapp=DEBUG, console2, appDebug

log4j.category.org.apache=DEBUG, console2, apacheOrg

HTH,
Robert