axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: return type of web service is swing.
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:55:46 GMT
SOAP is designed for exchanging XML, not Java components. If you want
to use SOAP for this application, then you have two options -- you can
serialize it and send it as a binary element within the SOAP message,
or you can serialize it and send it as an attachment.

Your other option is to use a native Java remoting technology, such as
RMI, Jini, or JMS -- which is probably a better idea than using SOAP.

Anne