axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Poling" <JPol...@ntst.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] Axis1 a better choice?
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:12:19 GMT
   Thanks for the reply.  My comments, embedded below:

> 1) Log4J - not needed by axis2 .
> 2) commons-logging ... needed but I've never seen a problem
> related to it.

   The default configuration appears to use both.  I had to comment out
using those and use SimpleLogging (or whatever it was called) instead in
the setup.

> 3) Xalan - not used by axis2 .

   Not used per se, but is needed to clear up an incompatibility with
Java 1.5 XML parsing (if I remember correctly, the "adding Xalan fix" is
listed on the Axis2 website).

> 4) NoSuchMethodError means the that class was compiled with one
> version, but now another version is present at runtime. Do you have
> commons-httpclient-3.0.jar in your war and _no other version_ in a
> higher classloader ? Do a search on your filesystem to make sure. If
> you are running tomcat inside jboss please state so.

   Tomcat is standalone.  I did the search, and httpclient shows up only
in Axis2's WEB-INF/lib.  If the classes are anywhere else, they're
embedded in another .jar file somewhere.  I checked the .jar files I
add, and httpclient wasn't in any of those.

> To see if you want to use axis2 or not:
>
> http://atmanes.blogspot.com/2006/08/axis-1x-or-axis2.html

   Looks like I do not.  Thanks for the link.

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or
the employer or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately by telephone and delete the material from your
computer. Thank you for your cooperation.