axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Poling" <JPol...@ntst.com>
Subject [Axis2] Axis1 a better choice?
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:08:07 GMT
   Hi folks,

   I have been trying for days to get Axis2 up and running in Tomcat
5.5, but I keep running into incompatibilities.  First its common
logging, then log 4j, then Xalan, now its HttpClient.  I don't have days
and days free I can spend on this, I have a deadline by next week to get
something up for a visiting executive.  Based on folks' own experiences,
should I give up and try Axis1, or keep plugging away?

   (And if anybody knows why I'm getting "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnectionManager.getParams()" when I
try to invoke the HappyAxis.jsp, and what I can do about it, I'd
appreciate it;  I was able to fix all the previous incompatibilities,
but this one has me stumped.  Nothing I've tried works.)

-------------------------------
Jeff Poling
Manager, Software Development
Netsmart Technologies, Inc.

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or
the employer or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately by telephone and delete the material from your
computer. Thank you for your cooperation.