axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Brecht Yperman" <Brecht.Yper...@invenso.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] RE: Proxy
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:05:03 GMT
Works just fine (though I couldn't use anonymous, but "hardcoding" credentials in the axis2.xml
file worked out nicely).

Thanks (both of you ;-) )!
Brecht

________________________________

From: Andres Rodriguez [mailto:ararribas@gfi-info.com]
Sent: Wed 27/09/2006 18:00
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: [Axis2] RE: Proxy

Hi Brecht, I have also a proxy and I research the way of creating the web service client.
In the axis 2 documentation there are two possible solutions:
See the in the URL: http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/http-transport.html the part "Proxy and
NTLM Authentication". For me the best solution is to use the configuration file axis2.xml
however I find a problem that explain in one message posted yesterday (I attach the message
content below). The solution for your problem is explained in this message (my proxy name
is "proxy" and my proxy port is "8000" and the proxy autentication is not needed).
I hope this help you.

Message content:
Hi, I hope don´t bothering you and explain the problem clearly. In my application I have
several web service client in axis2 and I have a proxy. Some web service clients have to interoperate
with external web services (through the proxy) and the others clients interacts with internal
web services (non proxy is needed). According to the axis2 documentation there are two forms
of performing this task:
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/http-transport.html
For me the best solution is to use the configuration file axis2.xml (for using in all web
service clients without the necessity of writing java code in each client) but if I write
the code inside the axis2.xml:
    <transportSender name="http"
                     class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender">
        <parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="false">HTTP/1.0</parameter>
        <parameter name="PROXY" proxy_host="proxy" proxy_port="8000" locked="true">anonymous:anonymous:anonymous</parameter>

    </transportSender>
all the web service clients go out through the proxy and if I write the code:
    <transportSender name="http"
                     class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender">
        <parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="false">HTTP/1.0</parameter>
    </transportSender>
all the web service clients doesn´t use the proxy.

In web service clients (prior to axis2) I can put the line in the java virtual machine arguments:
-Dhttp.proxyHost="proxy" -Dhttp.proxyPort="8000" -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts="localhost"
and with this line I can use both web service clients (external and internal).

And therefore I need a parameter like nonProxyHost or something similar for interoperating
with internal web services in the axis2.xml configuration file.

Thanks in advance.