axis-java-user mailing list archives

From D.Kreft <...@kreft.net>
Subject Re: Axis2 is ignoring my WSDL
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:52:24 GMT
On 9/21/06, Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:

> What I found is.. if you use any style other than RPC the wsdl's wont be created under
AXIS2

...which I maintain is an unnecessary "feature". One should be able to
specify his own WSDL regardless of what the messageReceiver is set to
be for that service *and* be able to drop it in the appropriate place.
Altering the behavior of the WSDL generation based upon the seemingly
decision that RPC* methods cannot use a pre-generated WSDL does
nothing more than apply arbitrary rules of engagement and remove power
from the developer.

No software developer can possibly anticipate all the "crazy" ways
that other developers will want to use his products or services, so
it's not a good idea for him to pretend like he knows exactly how
everyone is going to use them. Software should have sensible,
intuitive default behavior and allow for developers to deviate from
the "norm" (whatever that is) by flipping a few bits. One should not
have to "flip bits" to achieve sensible behavior.

-dan