axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Illsley" <davidills...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WS-Addressing Interoperability Problem
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:04:47 GMT
You need to do the following to the Options object you use to
comfigure your client:
options.setProperty(org.apache.axis2.addressing.AddressingConstants.WS_ADDRESSING_VERSION,
org.apache.axis2.addressing.AddressingConstants.Submission.WSA_NAMESPACE);

Which will tell the addressing module to add 2004/08 headers rather
than 2005/08 headers.
Hope this helps,
David

On 18/09/06, Anthony Bull <anthony.bull@bcsoft.co.nz> wrote:
> [...]
> vendor) and corresponding Java Axis2 client and service (written by
> me).  Everything is running nearly fine, in all combinations of these
> apps, including encrypted messages over HTTPS.
>
> The one issue I came across that I could not resolve nicely is that the
> WSE 3.0 service only recognises soap messages with WS-Addressing
> namespaces of August-2004.  Any SOAP messages sent from my Axis 2 Java
> client to both the Axis 2 service and WSE 3.0 service have a
> WS-addressing namespace of August-2005 (which if I understand correctly
> is also the namespace for May-2006 WS-Addressing).
>
> The .NET service does not accept these messages, and returns an error.
> The vendor that wrote the client/server says that WSE 3.0 cannot be
> upgraded to use the new addressing spec, and that WSE will not
> officially be updated anytime soon to support it.  This leaves the ball
> in my court only, in order to fix this.
>
> The Axis2 service recognises the older addressing specification that the
> .NET client is sending to it (2004/08), but I have not been able to
> configure it so I can send Axis2 messages with this older addressing
> specification.  Looking at the Axis2 code, the 2005/08 specification
> namespace is hard-coded into the Java classes.  The only way I could get
> it to work is to do my own build of the Axis2 addressing module and
> change the hardcoded namespace to be 2004/08.  While this works, it is
> dodgy and probably won't work correctly when other modules that are
> built on top of addressing are added.
>
> The addressing module page for Axis 2 states that "This is an
> implementation of WS-Addressing submission version (2004-08) and
> WS-Addressing 2005-08 versions.".  My question is, how do I get my Axis2
> code to generate messages that use the 2004-08 specification?
>
> cheers,
> Anthony Bull.
>
> --
> -------------------------------------
> Anthony Bull
> Senior Developer
> Black Coffee Software Ltd
> Level 13, Compudigm House,
> 49 Boulcott Street
> PO Box 10-192 The Terrace
> Wellington, New Zealand
>
> anthony.bull@bcsoft.co.nz
> Ph  +64 4 472 8818
> Fax +64 4 472 8811
> Mob +64 021 303 692
> -------------------------------------
> www.bcsoft.co.nz
> This email may contain confidential or privileged information,
> and is intended for use only by the addressee, or addressees.
> If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender
> immediately and do not copy, use or disclose the contents to
> any other person or organisation.
> Black Coffee Software Ltd accepts no responsibility for viruses
> received with this email, or to any changes made to the original
> content. Any views or opinions expressed in this email may be personal to the sender
and are not necessarily those of Black