axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <david.zie...@thomson.com>
Subject RE: NoSuchMethodError while deploying aar file on WebSphere
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:30:41 GMT
Setup a shared lib and put all the stuff you need in it and reference
the lib from you app.  WS has a tendancy
to have old jars.  Setup your appserver to "load parentlast" so the
shared lib gets in first.

Just things I've learned trying to get Axis2 in WS.

Can you now call you services?

Dave Ziebol

-----Original Message-----
From: Charak, Vikas [mailto:vikas.charak@cns-inc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 9:27 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: NoSuchMethodError while deploying aar file on WebSphere

Hi ,
I replaced WSDL4J.jar of websphere with the WSDL4J.jar which came with
Axis2 and now the services are getting deployed on websphere. I am not
sure if this would affect our websphere warranty/support. I do not have
much experience on websphere but another solution could be to configure
websphere, where libraries in Axis2 module take precedence over
websphere. I tried setting parameter "Load parent last" for Axis2 module
in Admin screen, but that did not help.

Issue with invoking services still remains. Interestingly, I am able to
call REST version of the services but not SOAP version.

Further investigation revealed that the SOAP endpoint in WSDL generated
by AXIS2 has "/axis2.war/services/testservice" instead of just
"/axis2/services/testservice". REST endpoint is fine.

I am still doing some R&D , if I find something else I will post it.
Good luck to me.

Regards,
Vikas