axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ruchith Fernando" <ruchith.ferna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Aixs2] How to make Axis2 SOAPEnvelope as convenient as Axis SOAPEnvelope
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 03:45:39 GMT
Hi Xinjun,

Please see my comments:

On 9/26/06, Xinjun Chen <xjchen001@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing a project which do the signature for SOAP messages using wss4j.
> I have a handler to do the signature.
>
> Previously when using Axis, I can do the following:
>
> public void execute(final javax.xml.soap.SOAPEnvelope envelope) {
>     org.w3c.dom.Document doc =
> ((org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelope)envelope).getAsDocument();
>     // doing something to modify the doc, e.g., add more header and do
> signature using wss4j.
>     // after modifying doc, the original envelope has updated.
> }
>
> but now in Axis2, the following give some problem:
>
> public void execute(final org.apache.axis2.soap.SOAPEnvelope envelope) {
>     org.w3c.dom.Document doc =
> Axis2Utils.getDocumentFromSOAPEnvelope(SOAPEnvelope env);
>     // doing something to modify the doc, e.g., add more header and do
> signature using wss4j.
>     // after modifying doc, the original envelope has NOT updated.
> }

The Document object you have at this point is a *new* Document object.
Therefore you will have to get the document element from that Document
object and set that as the SOAPEnvelope in the message context after
security processing. Calling doc.getDocumentElement() on the above
Document instance that you created will produce a org.w3c.dom.Element
that is also an axiom SOAPEnvelope.

HTH,

Thanks,
Ruchith