axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Doolittle, Todd" <TDool...@searshc.com>
Subject RE: Axis 2 - AxisFault: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Connection timed out:
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:30:04 GMT

I had this problem as well.  Axis 2 doesn't appear to use the
http.proxy* properties for some reason.  I had to add the following code
to the constructor of my client that wsdl2java created.  I don't think
this is the right way to do it.  But I found very little info when
trying to figure out how to get Axis 2 to use a proxy.  I'm not sure why
Axis 2 ignores the http.proxy* properties.  Maybe someone else can let
us both know.

        Options opts = _serviceClient.getOptions();

        HttpTransportProperties prop = new HttpTransportProperties();

        ProxyProperties proxyProperties = prop.new ProxyProperties();

        proxyProperties.setProxyName("myproxyserver");

        proxyProperties.setProxyPort(80);

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurent B. [mailto:fa344237@skynet.be]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 12:14 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Axis 2 - AxisFault: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Connection
timed out:

Hello,

I've got some webservices under Axis 1.3 and others with Axis 2 on the
same Tomcat instance.

I developped a unique java client that calls these webservices
functions.

This works fine if there is no proxy.

When I call behind a proxy, Axis 1.3 services work fine because I put
the right info in the environment variables in the command line (java
-Dhttp.proxySet=true -Dhttp.proxyHost=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
-Dhttp.proxyPort=xxxx -Dhttp.proxyUser=xxxxx -Dhttp.proxyPassword=xxxx
-jar "MyClient.jar").

I do not understand why there's a timeout with Axis 2 services only (the
env. var. are available also for the axis 2 calls). I monitored the
server and there is no activity nor in its associated modem-router. I
suspect that the proxy near my client blocks, but how can it do because
the same port is used for both axis webservices.

Can someone experienced the same or help me to see clearly the reason?

Thanks in advance.