axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Doolittle, Todd" <TDool...@searshc.com>
Subject Axis 2 bug? Decimal data type broken?
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:00:36 GMT

I am working with a vendor that is writing a non-java service we are
using.  We had everything working, and then the vendor decided one of
the integer values we were sending back and forth could possibly exceed
the value of an integer.  So he changed the WSDL so that it was now an
xsd:decimal type.  I regenerated the client using WSDL2JAVA  (nightly
build) and now the generated code won't compile.

The element in question used to be defined like this...

<xsd:element name="ksn" nillable="true" type="xsd:int" />

And they changed it to this...

<xsd:element name="ksn" nillable="true">
   <xsd:simpleType>
      <xsd:restriction base="xsd:decimal">
         <xsd:totalDigits value="10" />
         <xsd:fractionDigits value="0" />
      </xsd:restriction>
   </xsd:simpleType>
</xsd:element>

The wsdl2java utility generates code with this line in it...

object.setKsn(org.apache.axiom.om.OMElement.Factory.parse(reader));

The error I get is "org.apache.axiom.om.OMElement.Factory cannot be
resolved".

I'm assuming this is a bug, but I just wanted to make sure before filing
a JIRA.