axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Doolittle, Todd" <TDool...@searshc.com>
Subject namespace qualified attributes
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:38:23 GMT

I have a vendor that is claiming that the Axis 2 client is not handling
attributes correctly.  The schema portion of some WSDL is shown below.
When the Axis 2 client sends the message, it namespace qualifies the
attribute.  The vendor's server reply with "missing attribute: count"
because it does not recognize the namespace qualified attribute.  When I
asked  them about it, they said that Axis 2 is not adhering to the WSDL
contract because "The WSDL clearly say there is no namespace for count
attribute."  Is this an Axis 2 problem?  I thought that the
elementFormDefault="qualified" specified everything is to be namespace
qualified.  Does it only apply to elements?  How would one specify in
the WSDl that attributes should be namespace qualified?

Thanks!
Todd

<xsd:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
      targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/"
      xmlns:s1="http://tempuri.org/">
  <xsd:element name="lookup">
    <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="upc"
nillable="true" type="xsd:string" />
      </xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:attribute name="count" type="xsd:int" use="required" />
    </xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:element>
</xsd:schema>