axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Warren Crossing <warren.cross...@nec.com.au>
Subject Re: Yet another embedded Axis question
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:05:43 GMT
Unfortunatley web services are slightly more complicated than
SimpleAxisServer and require a lot more configuration than coding in my
experience.  I think the configuration deployment model of axis
(although) is flawed as the webservice is [typically] a sub component of
the axis engine (architecturally), where as you described a webservice
which is the primary component and passes all to axis engine for
soap/wsdl support.

Your best bet is to use axis2 for a more advanced deployment model but
slightly less stabilty than axis1_4.

I think the major problem here is oo component isolation, which makes it
very difficult to have a servlet that does web and wsdl in the case of a
dynamic web page/applet combination.  There is no easy way to share the
session without middleware or database.

I urge you to consider using axis/web services soley as a means to
remote connect to session or entity EJBs.

Warren.