axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ali Sadik Kumlali <as_kuml...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2][Post 1.0-20060920] Problem while reaching container's context from within service skeleton
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:53:02 GMT
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, both seems the same.

Sure, I'll try to help. But this could take too long as I need to learn how to make server
context accessable/non-accessable from a class deployed on it :)

BTW, since deployment models are different (WAR and EAR), wouldn't it be clearer to create
a new issue and link them?

Regards,

Ali Sadik Kumlali

----- Original Message ----
From: robert lazarski <robertlazarski@gmail.com>
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; Ali Sadik Kumlali <as_kumlali@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 3:12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Axis2][Post 1.0-20060920] Problem while reaching container's context from within
service skeleton

Looks like the same issue just created:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-1214

You could help us by trying to figure out the cause of the problem.

Robert

On 9/22/06, Ali Sadik Kumlali <as_kumlali@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've embedded Axis2 in an EAR file and implemented a message driven bean(MDB) as transport
receiver which delegates the incoming message to the actual service. When my message passed
into Axis2 service skeleton, I need to call a remote EJB which is deployed in another EAR
file. But, I constantly get "java.lang.ClassCastException: Cannot narrow remote object to
..." exception while calling remote EJB. It doesn't occur when I call it from within MDB.

> To be more clear;
> - MDB
>   - initializes Axis2
>    - retrieves incoming message
>   - passes the message to the Axis2 service
> - Axis2 service skeleton
>   - retrieves message sent through MDB
>   - calls remote EJB
>
> I create initial context without passing environment map and hoping it to be passed automaticaly
by the server. But, I don't understand why this solution works in MDB but not in service skeleton.