axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedding an Axis2 WS in my existing web app.
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 01:16:32 GMT
And make sure you are using a nightly...

-- dims

On 9/24/06, robert lazarski <robertlazarski@gmail.com> wrote:
> What does http://localhost:8888/WFSAWS/listServices say?
>
> Robert
>
> On 9/24/06, James Good <jgood@wfscorp.com> wrote:
> > Can someone help me please?
> >
> > I have an existing J2EE web app which I deploy to an OC4J 10.1.2 app server. I need
to expose one of the objects in there as a WS. So, I have been investigating axis2.

> > I have read this very useful tutorial : http://www.wso2.net/kb/90
> >
> > I have modified my web.xml to include the Axis servlet, and the servlet mapping
for it :

> >   <servlet>
> >     <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
> >     <display-name>Axis Servlet</display-name>
> >     <servlet-class>org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet</servlet-class>
> >     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
> >   </servlet>
> >
> >   <servlet-mapping>
> >     <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
> >     <url-pattern>/services/*</url-pattern>
> >   </servlet-mapping>
> >
> > I have, under my WEB-INF directory, created a 'services' directory, a 'BookService'
directory under that, and a META-INF directory under that. I have created a services.xml file
as follows :

> > <serviceGroup>
> >         <service name="BookService"
> >              targetNamespace="http://ws.apache.org/axis2/samples/book/">
> >                 <description>
> >                         Book sample service
> >                 </description>
> >         <schema schemaNamespace="http://ws.apache.org/axis2/samples/book/xsd/"/>
> >         <parameter name="ServiceClass" locked="false">com.wfs.aws.services.BookService</parameter>
> >                 <operation name="getBooks">
> >                         <messageReceiver class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
> >                 </operation>
> >         <operation name="findBook">
> >             <messageReceiver class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
> >         </operation>
> >         </service>
> > </serviceGroup>
> >
> > What jars should I need to include in my app? I have included all the axis*.jars.
> >
> > I add the Book and BookService classes, then I am then expecting to see my 'BookService'
service appear at

> > http://localhost:8888/WFSAWS/services/BookService
> >
> > and be able to see the WSDL with
> >
> > http://localhost:8888/WFSAWS/services/BookService?wsdl
> >
> > Is that what I should expect to be able to do, or am I missing something? Because
it's not working as I thought it would. I'm getting 404 errors when I try accessing those
URLs above.