axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2][Post 1.0-20060920] Problem while reaching container's context from within service skeleton
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 17:34:35 GMT
Guys,

Please stop running around in cricles :) There's a jira. I'm in the
process of evaluting a possible fix. Stay tuned. I'll ask all of you
to test it though :)

-- dims

On 9/22/06, Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:
> this article
> http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=41709
> suggests
> -one of the properties you are attempting to access are missing (assuming ejb-jar.xml)
> -classes (most probably Remote access to your bean) is missing in local jar
>
> I found this to be a good example to create a remote interface
> http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/excerpt/ejb4_chap4/index.html?page=1
>
> Then again this error could be specific to the version of AppServer..did you mention
which AppServer and version?
> M-
> addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please notify

server context accessable/non-accessable from a class deployed on it :)

> > BTW, since deployment models are different (WAR and EAR), wouldn't it be clearer
to create a new issue and link them?

> > Regards,
> >
> > Ali Sadik Kumlali

as transport receiver which delegates the incoming message to the actual service. When my
message passed into Axis2 service skeleton, I need to call a remote EJB which is deployed
in another EAR file. But, I constantly get "java.lang.ClassCastException: Cannot narrow remote
object to ..." exception while calling remote EJB. It doesn't occur when I call it from within
MDB.

> >> To be more clear;
> >> - MDB
> >>   - initializes Axis2
> >>    - retrieves incoming message
> >>   - passes the message to the Axis2 service
> >> - Axis2 service skeleton
> >>   - retrieves message sent through MDB
> >>   - calls remote EJB
> >>
> >> I create initial context without passing environment map and hoping it to be
passed automaticaly by the server. But, I don't understand why this solution works in MDB
but not in service skeleton.

> >> I've put remote interfaces' jar;
> >> - under lib folder of service .aar file - didn't work
> >> - under ear file and addressing it in MANIFEST.MF file - didn't work
> >> - into system classpath - *worked* but smells like a work around and I don't
know how it worked, actually :)