axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Larkin" <mlar...@e2e.us>
Subject FW: [Axis2] User Guide's Writing Web Services by Code Generating Skeleton
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:47:41 GMT
Thanks to everyone for tolerating my newbie questions...

I have been able to answer my own questions, which I will record here - in
case anyone else out there, like me, has been floundering.

Here they are...

Question: Why wouldn't the userguide example's ant build file (which appears
after running WSDL2Java with the parameters specified in the User
Guide) successfully build the project - without modification?

Answer: The build file does successfully build the userguide example!

   Execute ant while in the directory containing build.xml.

   My initial compiler errors were resolved by rebooting.

Question: Is the userguide example not supposed to be built using the
created ant build file?

Answer: The build file should be used! It works well and is very convenient.

Perhaps a paragraph can be added to the userguide example explicitly stating
that ant (with no parameters) is run from the directory containing
build.xml.

I hope this helps someone!

Regards,

Michael