axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] gzip or any other soap compression
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2006 06:09:53 GMT
Hi,
As far as I understand this compression needs to be handled at the
HTTP level at the client and the server ? (I hope we are talking about
the dynamic gzip compression of the HTTP payload).
Axis2 uses commons HTTP sender and it is possible to send/accept
gzipped content with commons HTTP sender. Have a look at the entry in
article [1]. As for the server side I don't think the simple HTTP
server can accept gzipped payloads but a servlet container like Tomcat
will definitely allow that functionality.

Ajith

[1]http://www.wso2.net/articles/axis2/java/2006/08/01/client-api-parameters#GZIP

--
Ajith Ranabahu