axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Nirmit Desai <nirde...@us.ibm.com>
Subject [Axis2] change in envelope from 1.0 to nightly
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:20:31 GMT

Hi,

I used to use Axis2 1.0, and now shifted to the nightlies. I always used
doc/lit style.

When I look at the envelopes being exchanged over the wire, I see that the
request messages for operations having no parameters are encoded
differently. I have put envelope sample below.

With 1.0, the request envelope for an operation having no parameter would
have an empty soap:body.

With the nighgtly of 8/24, the soap:body i non-empty, and has one empty
element corresponding to the name of the input message (having no parts),
whtout any namespace.

I have two questions:

--why this change? what does it signify?
--why is the empty message element out of any namespace? shouldn't it be
under the target namespace of the WSDL?

Here, getClubs is the name of the input message
ENVELOPE for 1.0:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">