axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Alick Buckley <Alick.Buck...@lansa.com.au>
Subject RE: Newbie Question: Must Axis run in an App Server?
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:39:02 GMT
Hi Bob,

I have noticed that other people have asked about this type of scenario.

    Yet another embedded Axis question
    DIEGO Moreira da Rosa
    DATACOM - Diego [diego@datacom-telematica.com.br]

I am using Axis 1.4 in a standalone mode that does not require an
Application Server

What follows is a very high level set of steps.

byte[] content = "the SOAP XML request UTF-8 encoded bytes"

Message requestMessage = new Message ( content ) ;

AxisServer engine = new AxisServer () ;

SOAPServerProvider requestProvider = new SOAPServerProvider () ; // This is
a custom class that extends org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider

SOAPService service = new SOAPService ( requestProvider ) ;

service.setOption ( RPCProvider.OPTION_CLASSNAME, "com.acme.classname" ) ;
// This class has the methods and your code

service.setOption ( RPCProvider.OPTION_ALLOWEDMETHODS, "method1, method2"  )
; // Methods that are allowed to be used

service.setEngine ( engine ) ;

MessageContext requestContext = new MessageContext ( engine ) ;

requestContext.setService ( service ) ;

requestContext.setMaintainSession ( false ) ;

requestContext.setRequestMessage ( requestMessage ) ;

TypeMapping mapping = requestContext.getTypeMapping  () ;

engine.invoke ( requestContext ) ;

I needed to extend the RPC provider, but in your case just using RPCProvider
could be ok.

If you are using Beans you will need to register the bean serializers /
deserializers via the mapping.

I hope this gets you up and going