axis-java-user mailing list archives

From GiJo <48ebjd1fm10u...@jetable.com>
Subject Webservice deployment in Axis/AppServer
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:46:35 GMT

Hello,

I have a question about web-service deployment:

Introduction:

My project has 3 tiers
- View tier (struts(jsp) / servlets / webService)
- Service tier (the business services)
- Data tier (data access with hibernate / DAO...)

My business processes can be called from different ways:
- By an Http request to a servlet
- By jsps with struts
- By a webservice

I have a JAR called : businessServices.jar that embedded the business
services.
I also have 3 different JARs that embedded the facades
(servlet/jsps/webService)

My question is:

What is the best practice about deployment with AXIS 2.

If I use JBOSS with Axis2 (please do not ask me: "Why are you using JBOSS
;-)", where would you deploy the WebService ?
- Into the web-inf dir of the AXIS WebApp ?

In this case, the businessService JAR will be duplicated (in the AXIS lib
directory, and in the lib directory of the struts webApp)...

Or is it better to build a webapp that embeddeds the WS and the AXIS lib and
specifies that I use the embedded AXIS for SOAP request, in this case I will
not be able to manage my WS by the AXIS admin page (WSDL, exposed services,
...)

What is your advice about that ?

Thanks a lot,

John