axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Doolittle, Todd" <TDool...@searshc.com>
Subject Databinding with WSDL2JAVA
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:13:01 GMT

I'm using Axis2 to generate a client from WSDL.  I'm having a problem
with the databinding.  The WSDL I'm using is somewhat complex, so to
illustrate the problem I created some simpler WSDL.  Consider this
fictitious service that takes as a request a last name, and then returns
as a response the husband (first name, last name) and wife (first name,
last name, maiden name) registered with that last name.

Here are how the types are defined in the WSDL:
<xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://www.example.org/family2/">
  <xsd:element name="FamilyLookupRequest">
    <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="lastName" type="xsd:string" />
      </xsd:sequence>
   </xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:element>

  <xsd:element name="FamilyLookupResponse">
    <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="husband">
          <xsd:complexType>
            <xsd:sequence>
              <xsd:element name="firstName" type="xsd:string" />
              <xsd:element name="lastName" type="xsd:string" />
            </xsd:sequence>
          </xsd:complexType>
        </xsd:element>

        <xsd:element name="wife">
         <xsd:complexType>
           <xsd:sequence>
             <xsd:element name="firstName" type="xsd:string" />
             <xsd:element name="lastName"  type="xsd:string" />
             <xsd:element name="maidenName" type="xsd:string" />
           </xsd:sequence>
         </xsd:complexType>
       </xsd:element>
     </xsd:sequence>
   </xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:element>
</xsd:schema>

In Axis2 it doesn't handle this correctly.  The FamilyLookupRequest
object is created correctly.  But because the FamilyLookupResponse has
nested complex types Axis2 does not create the FamilyLookupResponse
class correctly.  Axis2 creates the husband_type0 and wife_type1 classes
correctly.  The FamilyLookupResponse class contains a husband and wife
member, but they are defined as OMElements instead of their correct type
(husband_type1, and wife_type0).

If I change the WSDL as follows, Axis2 will then create the classes
correctly.  Any ideas?  Is this a bug?

<xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://www.example.org/family2/">

  <xsd:complexType name="husband">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:element name="firstName" type="xsd:string" />
      <xsd:element name="lastName" type="xsd:string" />
    </xsd:sequence>
  </xsd:complexType>

  <xsd:complexType name="wife">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:element name="firstName" type="xsd:string" />
      <xsd:element name="lastName" type="xsd:string" />
      <xsd:element name="maidenName" type="xsd:string" />
    </xsd:sequence>
  </xsd:complexType>

  <xsd:element name="FamilyLookupRequest">
    <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="lastName" type="xsd:string" />
      </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:element>

  <xsd:element name="FamilyLookupResponse">
    <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="husband" type="fml:husband" />
        <xsd:element name="wife" type="fml:wife" />
      </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:element>

</xsd:schema>

Lastly Axis 1.4 handles either version of the WSDL correctly.