axis-java-user mailing list archives

From rp johns <rjo...@vignette.com>
Subject side effect of axis logging eliminates SAXParseException
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2006 18:09:36 GMT
Switched from axis 1.2 to axis 1.4. This introduced a SAXParseException
( XML document structures must start and end within the same entity)
when parsing he response of a service call. I added directives to the
WSDD file to turn on axis logging so I could look at the soap and
perhaps see the problem. However, with logging enabled the problem goes
away. Something must be getting initialized in such a way as to allow
the successful parsing of the response. Here's what I've added to the WSDD:

to the globalConfiguration element:

        <parameter name="disablePrettyXML" value="false" />
        <requestFlow>
         <handler type="log" />
        </requestFlow>
        <responseFlow>
        <handler type="log" />
        </responseFlow>

and a handler:

    <handler name="log"
      type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.LogHandler">
      <parameter name="LogHandler.fileName" value="axis.log" />
   </handler>

I've already tried using just the 'disablePrettyXML' parameter, but
without the 'requestFlow' and 'handler' specifications, the parser error
occurs. Anyone know what's happening here? What side effect of enabling
the logging is curing the problem? Obviously, I can't leave logging
enabled indefinitely, so I'd like to find a way to employ the side
effect with out the logging.

thanks

--
rp johns