axis-java-user mailing list archives

From j g <jg11...@yahoo.com>
Subject how to call php soap service in java soap client with axis?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:10:12 GMT
Hi,
I am new for the Axis.
I had a php soap service to query our mssql database, I also have a perl soap client to call
the service by providing parameters like username, password etc. They both work fine.

Now, I need to write a java soap client to call the php soap service instead of the soap client
written in perl. Since the service is writen with php, I did not install tomcat at my client
computer(do I need it?)

  Here is my java code. When I compile the code, there are errors like:
package org.apache.axis does not exist

  package mysrc.testjavasoap;
import java.util.*;
import org.apache.axis.AxisEngine;
import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
import org.apache.axis.soap.SOAPConstants;
public class javasoap {

    public void main () throws Exception{
        String url = "http://www.bioinformatics.med.umich.edu/app/nlp/soap/dbquery.php";
 String query="select top 10 * from DocText";
        Call call = new Call(url);
        Object[] params = new Object[] {"db3", "bionlp","username", "password", query};
        String result = (String)call.invoke("",  params);
    }
}

Hope somebody can help me!
Thanks
--jg

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2ยข/min
or less.