axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <t.rademak...@chello.nl>
Subject Handler phase declaration
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:26:40 GMT
Hi there,

When I look at the default axis2.xml file I see that the RequestURIBasedDispatcher and the
SOAPActionBasedDispatcher have a phase name of <order phase="Dispatch"/>.
But they are declared as childs of <phase name="Transport">.
In the AxisConfigBuilder processPhaseList the following code snippet is there:

HandlerDescription handler = processHandler(omElement, axisConfig);
handler.getRules().setPhaseName(phaseName);

This means that the phase name of the handler is overwritten with Transport instead of Dispatch.
Should the <order phase="Dispatch"/> not be the same as the parent <phase name="Transport">?
The seem goes for the InstanceDispatcher handler inside the Dispatch phase. The InstanceDispatcher
has a
handler phase of <order phase="PostDispatch"/>. This is also overwritten with Dispatch
as the axis2.xml is processed.
Am I missing something or is this correct?

Thanks,

Tijs