axis-java-user mailing list archives

From snowym...@comcast.net
Subject saaj, jaxrpc, wsdl4j licenses
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 17:34:15 GMT
axis gurus,

axis (1.2.1) ships with the apache 2 license, which should cover many of the libraries included
with axis (axis.jar, log4j, commons-*).  i'm trying to track down the licenses for jaxrpc,
saaj, and wsdl4j so i can ship these jars and their licenses with a commercial product.  i
couldn't find these licenses with my 1.2.1 binary distribution (or the 1.4 distribution).

from what i've found on the web, wsdl4j is licensed under the CPL (so says http://sourceforge.net/projects/wsdl4j),
jaxrpc is licensed under sun's BCL (so says license displayed when clicking Java API for XML-Based
RPC (JAX-RPC) JAR with API Class Files 1.1 Download on http://java.sun.com/xml/downloads/jaxrpc.html).
 i've had trouble finding the saaj version included with axis (1.2) on sun's web site (i see
1.3 only on sun's site).  the sun license i found for saaj 1.3 (by clicking For Implementation
Use Download link on http://java.sun.com/xml/downloads/saaj.html) appears more appropriate
for the specification itself, not the jar.  is this the appropriate license for saaj included
with axis?

is there a reason the license files are not included with the axis distribution?  that would
seem to be simplest (at least for me as a consumer).  it's not always easy to find where the
original library came from and/or find the license file associated with that specific version
of the library.

thanks.

-mike