axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "C. Brian Cox" <ax...@coxco.com>
Subject Axis2 Basic Authentication By the Service
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 03:38:05 GMT
Hello,

I have been looking for an Axis2 service level authentication example, but
have been unable to find any examples.  I found several recent examples (all
of which are similar) of how to implement Basic HTTP Authentication
programmatically using the setUsername/setPassword in the client but none
for the service.  I am sure I am missing something basic, but the fact is I
am missing it.

I would like to make use of the standard wsdl2java generated skeleton and
obtain the Basic Authentication username and password.  Once I have the
authentication parameters available in the generated service skeleton I will
programmatically authenticate and proceed or raise the access denied
exception.  It sounds like it should be do-able to me.

The reason for the service authentication is to prevent the username and
password from being contained in an unencrypted text file.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Brian