axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Derek" <derek-a...@crc-corp.com>
Subject RE: 1.4: String[] translated to String in WSDL
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:57:56 GMT
Timothy:

Please file a JIRA for this. Axis should be capable of generating correct
WSDL.

Thanks.

Derek

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Chan [mailto:microtim@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 3:04 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: 1.4: String[] translated to String in WSDL

Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate any insight on an issue I've encountered.  A String[] is
being translated into a non-array String in the WSDL.  The result is an
"argument type mismatch" error.

More specifically, I have a bean object that contains a String[] property.
During Ant build, Java2WSDL correctly produces a WSDL where the schema
defines this property as...

  <element name="items"
    nillable="true"
    type="impl:ArrayOf_xsd_string"/>

And WSDL2Java correctly produces the .java w/ the String[] property.

But when I deploy the project, the Axis translates the property to a
non-array String property so that the WSDL defines the property as...

  <element name="items"
    nillable="true"
    type="xsd:string"/>

As a result, the client encounters the "argument type mismatch" error when
the server replies w/ a String[] but the client expects a non-array String.
I would appreciate any insight.

thx,
-Tim