axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Derek" <derek-a...@crc-corp.com>
Subject RE: stand-alone server
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 19:00:24 GMT
I just modified that Wiki link to include some new information.

I encourage anyone knowledgeable about this to please take a look at the
Wiki page and correct it if necessary.

In short, the "for testing purposes only" part may no longer be true (at
least for Axis2. I am not sure about Axis 1.x).

I certainly want Axis2 standalone mode to be usable for production use. That
is one of the main things that I would like to use Axis2 for... to eliminate
the need of my company's non-web application to depend on Tomcat and thus
the associated installation and configuration hassles. (Currently the only
reason it depends on Tomcat is because it needs to receive SOAP messages
over HTTP).

Derek

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruno Patini Furtado [mailto:bpfurtado@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 6:24 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: stand-alone server

Apparently yes, but only for testing purposes.

http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/Install/Standalone?highlight=%28alo
ne%29
<http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/Install/Standalone?highlight=%28al
one%29>

On 8/2/06, Raffaele Viola <raffovi@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Can I make a web services server stand-alone that works without any
application server or web server?

BR
Raffo

--
"Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open."

Bruno Patini Furtado
Software Developer
webpage: http://bpfurtado.net  <http://bpfurtado.net>
software development blog: http://bpfurtado.livejournal.com