axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Ferron" <johnfer...@alliantenergy.com>
Subject Fwd: Re: Converting from Glue to Axis2.0
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:46:00 GMT
Does anyone have an answer to the follow question??/

>>> johnferron@alliantenergy.com 07/05/06 10:31 AM >>>
Ajith,

With your sample code:

  XMLStreamReader parser = XMLInputFactory.newInstance().createXMLStreamReader(new FileInputStream(file));

  // create the builder
  StAXOMBuilder builder = new StAXOMBuilder(parser);

  // get the root element (in this case the envelope)
  OMElement documentElement = builder.getDocumentElement();
  SOAP11Factory factory = new SOAP11Factory();
  SOAPEnvelope envelope = factory.getDefaultEnvelope();
  SOAPBody body = factory.createSOAPBody(envelope);
  body.addChild(documentElement);

The add child method throws a class cast exception, am I missing something?

John

Hi,
You can just create an OMElement out of the string and attach that to
a default SOAP envelope.

1. use the staxOMBuilder to parse the file and generate an OMElement out of it.
see [1]
2. Use the SOAPxxFactory.getDefaultEnvelope() to get an envelope
object. Use the getBody().addChild(xxx) method to attach the
OMElement.

That should do the trick :)

Ajith
[1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/OMTutorial.html