axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Luis Rivera" <luigg...@hotmail.com>
Subject Abandoning AXIS :( !!!
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 22:42:35 GMT

    Axis users/devs,

Unless I can find a solution for this today, I will have to move on and find
better options. I believed that susing a axis/tomcat web service to bridge
my current C++ server was going to be easy. But I cannot get past a classs
wrong.

See, we already have a server side implementation of the services in C++
(Roguewave), but we are looking into a cheaper option, which is why I was
looking into axis/tomcat. My clients are using Axis anyway, so I thought
using Tomcat was going to be straight forward.

So, we don't want to reimplement everything in Java, which means I only need
a jni wrapper in the axis server to call my DCE proxies in C++.  So, the
picture looks like this

axis Client --> axis Server --> jniWrapper --> DCEProxy (C++ implementation)

And the problem lies on the fact that I need to place the jniWrapper outside
of the TOMCAT_HOME/webapps directory, causing all kind of problems with the
class loaders, despite the fact that all the classes are supposedly
correctly resolved. I still have that LinkageError, regardless of where I
place the classe (shared or common).

As I said before, if all the application is placed under
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/axis/classes, there are no exceptions thrown!

Hope this clarifies my situation and if you have any advice, I would greatly
appreciate it.

I am including the exception as captured in the logger.

15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext  - Exit:
DeserializationContext::startPrefixMapping()
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext  - Enter:
DeserializationContext::startElement(http://www.verimatrix.com/vcas.xsd,
getCompany)
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle  -
org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(pushHandler00)
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext  - Pushing handler
org.apache.axis.message.RPCHandler@2c9103
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext  - Exit:
DeserializationContext::startElement()
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext  - Enter:
DeserializationContext::endElement(http://www.verimatrix.com/vcas.xsd,
getCompany)
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle  -
org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(popHandler00)
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext  - Popping handler
org.apache.axis.message.RPCHandler@2c9103
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle  -
org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(setProp00)
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG org.apache.axis.message.RPCHandler  -
Setting MessageContext property in RPCHandler.endElement().
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle  -
org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(empty00)
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG org.apache.axis.utils.NSStack  - NSPop
(empty)
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext  - Popped element stack to
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBody:Body
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext  - Exit:
DeserializationContext::endElement()
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle  -
org.apache.axis.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(toAxisFault00)
15063 [http-8095-Processor25] DEBUG org.apache.axis.enterprise  - Mapping
Exception to AxisFault
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
        at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
        at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: Class soap/xsd/CompanyInfo violates
loader constraints
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
        at vsa.jniCRLimpl.nada(jniCRLimpl.java:100)
        at soap.wsdl.CRLImpl.getCompany(CRLImpl.java:94)
        at soap.wsdl.CRLSkeleton.getCompany(Unknown Source)
        ... 30 more

   Thanks in advance,
   --Luis R.