axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Fw: Getting xerces.jar from xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:39:23 GMT
I am unsure as to your need to incorporate xml-apis.jar into any other jar (e.g. orion.jar
instead of the webapp war)
I know that xml-apis.jar needs to be on your CLASSPATH

M-

----- Original Message -----
From: Bharadwaj, Nandita (GE Healthcare)
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 7:33 AM
Subject: Getting xerces.jar from xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar

I want xerces.jar and not xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar. I tried ant build as recommended
in http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/install.html.
This is what I did:
    Downloaded Xerces-J-src.2.8.0.zip (http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/xerces-j/Xerces-J-src.2.8.0.zip)

    Downloaded Xerces-J-tools.2.8.0.zip (http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/xerces-j/Xerces-J-tools.2.8.0.zip).

    Extract both the jars into orion,
    Changed the build.bat (for windows) to valid paths
    Build with command 'build.bat deprecatedall' get the xerces.jar.

When I replaced the xerces.jar into the orion folder, it says 'java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/w3c/dom/DOMError'

D:\orion>C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12\bin\java -DORI="ori" -Dp6.home="D:\orion\applications\
rumba\lib" -Djava.library.path=$PATH -Djdbc.connection.debug=true -DLOG_HOME=$LO
G_HOME -Dclient.keystore=D:\orion\config\clientkeystore -Dclient.password=client
 -DVersion=2.1 -Xms128m -Xmx128m  -jar orion.jar -console
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/DOMError
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind._qp.getJavaxDocument(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind.xml.XMLUtils.getDocument(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind.xml.XMLConfig._aa(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind.xml.XMLConfig._aa(Unknown Source)
        at com.evermind._crb.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
        at com.evermind._bf.run(Unknown Source)

I tried finding DOMError.class in Xerces.jar, I could not find it.
Then I tried to find it in 'src' of the Xerces-J-src.2.8.0.zip. There also I could not find
it.
I also tried extracting contents of xml-apis.jar into 'src' folder and building it. I still
cant find DOMError file.

So what should I do to get all the classes in XercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar into xerces.jar?

Looking forward for a reply.
Thanks in advance.
Nandita