axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Evaluating SOAP-Server
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:04:07 GMT
Apache Axis2 does exactly what you ask.

1) It supports remote clients
2) It supports asynchronous calls and asynchronous services, so you
can have the server call back when the response is ready (long running
queries)
3) It supports bundling AJAX HTML clients that use the same services
to build web pages.

For an example of the AJAX clients, you can see the Tungsten server
(http://dist.wso2.net/products/tungsten/) which is an SOA application
server based on Axis2. It uses that model for the admin console, and
also the Chad sample shows the AJAX clients too.

Paul

On 7/31/06, Oliver Hirschi <o.hirschi@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to change our application-server from corba to soap. The main
> job of this application server is to interact with java-clients to make
> database-queries. Additionally there are a few jobs which takes a lot of
> time, so they should be done on server, not on client.
> In the future its possible, that we devlope also a java-web-client to
> the server. This client should then also use the same soap-interfaces of
> the
> server.
>
> Is axis the right soap-server due to my requirements?
>
> By "googleing" about soap there comes ever Apache Axis. Is this the "one
> and only" soap-server or are there others?
>
> Great thank & kind regards,
> --
> Oliver Hirschi
> http://www.FamilyHirschi.ch